Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4: Dinner Anyone?

Day 4 offers you a fresh start and a really yummy challenge: Dinner!! Oh, but there is a catch..
Have dinner tonight with family or friends and do so bb free, tv free and not in your car driving to a meeting or appointment. Knowing what I know about myself and others, I need to be very clear about the "bb free" side of this challenge. Put it somewhere you cannot see the red flashing light AND make sure it is on silent. You know what I am talking about. We've all done it. We pretend to be paying complete attention, meanwhile our bb's are vibrating like mad little machines in our pockets or purses.

Come on. Don't you deserve to enjoy a nice meal and a little uninterrupted conversation?

I think you do. :)

3 comments:

Tracy B said...

A Note from Annie....

Thanks for the inspiration Tracy!

Our family is going to enjoy a scrumptious Japanese dinner around a cooking table tonight :)


Annie Snook
Sent from my BlackBerry device on Rogers Reliable Network

Wayne, Sue and Burghley said...

Hi Trace, This comment is from your Dad and I quote "She must finally be listening to her Dad!!". You know him and the whole BB thing.

Balance in work and home is so important. Take it from two who are now in the retirement mode. Time lost not spent enjoying life because you just had to get one more thing done for work can never be retrieved. Just being aware of the need for balance in your life is a really good start. There will be times when one area of your life will have to dominate, the trick is to ensure that it doesn't become a permanent situation.

Your Dad is actually off to Montreal today to see some classic cars. That in itself is a big step for him. Balance in home life is important too and that includes carving out some time for yourself and not feeling guilty about it. I am going to enjoy having the house to myself for the day. Do I feel guilty about that--well maybe a little.
Take care, be good to your back and good luck to all.
Love Dad and Sue

Tracy B said...

A note from Tyler Turner..

Something to add to the challenge that I tried last night…try making something for dinner that you have never made before. Take the time to find a recipe, do the shopping and then make the meal from scratch, without your bb around.

Tyler Turner
Distribution Account Representative
Ontario Northeast
Rogers Communications
613-220-3152
tyler.turner@rci.rogers.com