...and Nap!
There is nothing better then a Sunday afternoon snooze.
The Problem...there is a ton we need to get done on the weekend, especially this time of year. Holiday shopping, house cleaning, and we can't forget about those sales reports and proposals we just didn't get to during the week. If we let it, our days off can feel very much like another day at work. The situation can become even more stressful when you have to be stealth like in an effort to avoid the disapproving looks of family members who feel we really do deserve a day off. And trust me, I have attempted it all. My latest miserable strategy was to get up very quietly well before the crack of dawn (you know..4:30am ish) and hammer through a well thought out list of to dos, before anyone else in the house stepped out of bed. It worked, kinda. I got a ton done and I was pretty baked by mid afternoon. In hindsight, I have to ask myself if it was really necessary? While I would like to deny it, the reality is it wasn't.
It is so easy to get caught up in the craziness. There is more now then ever before we can commit ourselves to doing. Even someone who recognizes and appreciates the beauty and benefit of balance can easily become a victim. So, this challenge is about performing the ultimate act of weekend relaxation. It's time to take a nap!! It doesn't have to be a marathon or toddler 3 hour dream extravaganza. It does need to be deliberate. Allow yourself just a little bit of time to rejuvenate. It's been a crazy week. Next week is probably going to be crazier. Take the time, when you can, to relax.
Sweet Dreams...
Tb
1 comment:
this is my favorite Balance Challenge so far! I love Cat Naps.
I feel Sunday is a perfect day to tap out and have a snooze.
Post a Comment