Happy TGIM!!
I did it!
I successfully completed this weekend's challenge. Often times, people ask me if I am making the time to take my own balance challenges. 9 times out of 10, the answer is yes. This weekend, I wasn't as confident about my conviction. You see, I was headed to my most favorite place in the world, "the county". There is something absolutely magical about this little piece of heaven. I feel more alive when I am there and the thought of missing out on spending time by the lake or wandering the back fields with family and friends while napping wasn't very appealing. Along with the sheer beauty of the county, there is this incredible sense of calm. I literally feel all of the stresses of the week evaporating as I get closer. Friday was no exception. After a fantastic dinner and a little wine, I was completely relaxed and exhausted. I hit the hay by 8:30. I had huge expectations for Saturday. I was up early and thought I would be ready to go all day long. I made it 'til about 3:30 and then just couldn't fight exhaustion any longer. The balance challenge was about to be met. I had an incredible 2 hour nap.
I am proud of successfully taking this weekend's challenge. I am not proud of the fact that the week leading up to the weekend was sooo exhausting that I could have spent the entire weekend sleeping.
The Lesson: Balance is not a Weekend Affair.
We cannot deprive ourselves of rest from Monday to Friday and then play catch up on Saturday and Sunday. It just doesn't work like that. I was totally relaxed in the county. I was also soooo tired that I didn't get to enjoy all the weekend had to offer. I love my job. I also love my life. I think they both deserve their fair share.
Today's Challenge is to get the rest you need throughout the week. If you get up at 6am every day, try to be tucked in by 10pm. The studies aren't joking about that whole 8 hours of rest thing. :) Give it a try, even if it is only for a week. I am confident you will notice a difference. I am definitely hoping to.
Tb
1 comment:
I would say that your weekend proved to be very productive. I have just made your dad and myself lovely cafe mochas with the most delightful HOMEMADE "from scratch" marshmallows on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
Thanks to you!
Love
Dad and Sue
Post a Comment