So here is the deal...
not tech savy. Should be. I'm not. The idea of creating the simpliest blog is kinda terrifying. And yet, I feel compelled. Why? 'Cause I am taking this Balance Challenge really seriously and if even one person gives it more then a fleeting thought because I share my own personal experience, it's worth it.
So, a little history...
I have been a proponent of balance for a while. I truly believe balance makes you better. And, I believe it's a choice. The recent Globe and Mail challenge reminded me of that. In Tuesday's edition of the Globe and Mail work life challenge, the following statement was made:
"Complaining about our busy lives is easy. Doing something to slow them down is hard. But it's worth trying."
And isn't that the truth??? It totally struck a cord and got me thinking. And I thought, maybe, if I told enough people, it would get them thinking too. But that wasn't my only inspiration or the pivotal point which made me take the blog leap. Nope, that happened when a colleague asked me what all this balance business was about and then referenced the assumption that I "must be on the right side of my quotas" if I had the time to preach balance.
Now that made me think and decide right then and there that I was not a fair weather balance promoter. In fact, I believe promoting and supporting balance is more important when things are at their toughest. I believe in well being and I truly believe all aspects of our well being are connected. If we are feeling overwhelmed, over worked and completely stressed out, there isn't much hope of us ever doing our best work.
Now, I also believe in a lead by example approach. Anyone who knows or works with me, might suggest I am not a very balanced individual. I do work hard. I enjoy it. I am also an individual who is at their best when managing an overwhelming number of priorities. What can I say?? I like to juggle. And, I know this about myself. My balancing acts are relative to what is typical for me. I think the same can be said for everyone. Within this blog, I hope to share my ongoing commitment to balance and what it means for me.
If you have read this far, you already know I am not the best writer in the world. If I was, I would probably be a professional. :) What I lack in talent, I will try to make up for with dedication and commitment. I can't promise I won't make mistakes along my blogging way. I can promise they will all be made with the best of intentions.
So...welcome to the Balance Challenge!!! Here is to sharing some balancing acts.
Tb
No comments:
Post a Comment