Congratulations!!!
No matter how you fared each of the last 4 days, you have succeeded. Just by consistently taking the time to give balance some consideration..even if it was only when you read the subject line of the daily emails, you are headed in the right direction.
Today's Challenge is a biggie!! Can you commit to some BlackBerry Free Time this weekend? Not just when you are sleeping…but for a few hours each day???
Can you shut if off? Put it in a drawer? Enjoy a family outing without the security of having it with you?
That's the challenge!!
Good Luck!
P.S-Anyone who knows me, knows I am doing my best "brave face" right now. I can do dinner. I can do the gym. I can even leave my BB on my desk and go to a meeting or for coffee. Leaving it behind and actually going out for an extended period of time....that's big. hmmmmmmm
I'll try. I hope you will too.
Mobile friendly article: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/work-life-balance/we-challenge-you-have-a-blackberry-free-weekend/article1786345/?service=mobile
3 comments:
A Note from Dave Houghton:
Good morning, and thank you for the inspiration to make a difference.
I will be doing this, enjoying time with my Grandson tonight. No BB!, but a baby!
Dave Houghton
Manager, Distribution - Dealer,
Rogers and Fido
Rogers Communications Inc
A Note from Shireen:
Thanks Tracy! I'm up for this challenge - yes it will be hard one with a Sales Launch in London on Monday, but I love a challenge :).
I think a little time out with the hubby - maybe he'll take me shopping/dinner :). I haven't seen him much over last few weeks and likely not much in coming 2 weeks.
Shireen
We can hardly wait to hear how you make out this weekend. I know it will be a challenge for you so good luck. How about Miss Jade and Mr. Gibson--will they be taking a break from technology, too? Tell Mark it would provide a good opportunity to look for a mug with a story!!
Have a great weekend.
Love Dad and Sue
P.S. I have included a picture of Riley Baker showing us all how to find balance in our world!
Post a Comment