Truth time. My name is Tracy and I am a "crazy busy" junkie. It's a fact. I find pushing the limits exhilarating. Give me a challenge with an impossible timeline and I am in my element. I may choose to complain about it a little, if someone doesn't adequately explain the "why" to me. If it makes sense, I am all over it. And if I can pull it off..wait scratch that...when I pull it off, there is no better drug in the world. I LOVE a CHALLENGE. I am totally addicted to the adrenaline rush.
I don't think I am alone. The fast pace of our society has created an addiction within us all. There is so much to see, to do, to listen to, to consider. It is almost impossible not get caught up in it. Unfortunately, it can lead to some crazy behaviour.
That brings us today's challenge: Commute Phone Free
Now, I know, there are a number of us who rely heavily on our time in the car to answer voicemail, attend conference calls and arrange for our next dentist appointment. I get it. It also kinds scares me and makes me wonder if it is all REALLY necessary.
Being realistic, I'm not suggesting you go an entire day without using your phone in the car. What I am suggesting is pick one little commute. Maybe it's a drive to a meeting. Maybe it's your trip home tonight. Maybe it is traveling between store visits. Whatever you deem your challenge, is fine. Simply turn the phone off…all the way off..take a deep breath and commute phone free. You may just be surprised at how good it feels.
Have a good one.
1 comment:
It is also WAY safer--hands free or not.
Sorry, just had to say that--old habits.
Also, you posted at 4:28 A.M. How come you weren't sleeping?
D & S
Post a Comment