I know we all read every single day. We read sales reports and proposals. We read text messages and emails. Right now your reading a blog. I certainly do my share of online reading. Heck, the Globe and Mail tweets are a huge source of information throughout my day. Our pace is fast and the world has done a fantastic good job of ensuring gathering information doesn't slow us down.
And yet, sometimes reading should. What use to be common practice has become a guilty, rare pleasure. Curling up with a good book, shutting the rest of the world out and enjoying the words on a page can be a refreshing act of balance. Oh, and let's be perfectly clear...I'm talking about a real book; not a ipad, not a reader. I understand the virtues of modern technology and sometimes I feel it necessary to resist. There is still something magical about making notes in the margins and dog earring a page.
So, are you up for it?
Today, make a bit of time for a little good old fashion reading. If you truly do not have a book to which to turn, then make a stop at your local bookshop today's balancing act. Allow yourself the luxury of simply turning a page.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment