Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Balance Challenge Day 1 and 2 in Review

As promised....
So with the intent of complete transparency, I really want to ensure I am sharing the real story about my on personal quest for balance. Let's face it. It is never an easy task. Somedays it is definitely more difficult then others. I am not sure what has happened to me. It is like I have developed an addiction to "crazy busy". I actually bought a book called "Crazy Busy" and perhaps one of my own balancing acts will be to finish reading it. The truth is, I kinda like the crazy busy. I also like to complain about it on occassion. I guess this is where the Balance Challenge comes in. I think I am the type of person who really does have to force themselves to stop and smell the roses. So...how did i make out during the first couple of days??? Not bad.

Day 1: Anyone who knows me, knows I start working at insanely early hours. This often makes for a really long day and I am not very good at taking those much needed breaks. So, on day 1, I did just that. Instead of working through lunch, I got up and went to the gym. It felt great. In fact, it felt sooo great, I felt guilty!!! What was I doing sweating it up in the middle of the day? How luxurious. I guess the question is.... should a 1 hour break in the middle of a 10 hour day really feel like a splurge? Probably not. Apparently, there is still much work to be done.

Day 2: Day 1 felt so darn good, I repeated it on Day 2. Back to the gym at lunch. Once again, the exercise high was matched by the guilt felt. Oh well..apparently I am a work in progress.

Thanks for reading. Happy Balancing!!

Tb

No comments: