"Later on, we'll conspire,
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,
Walking in a winter wonderland."
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,
Walking in a winter wonderland."
~Winter Wonderland, 1934
In honour of December 1st, I thought we could draw some inspiration from these famous holiday lyrics. Perhaps it was easier to slow down and enjoy the magic of a snowy day in 1934? Perhaps finding the time to "dream by the fire" wasn't such a daunting task? Maybe it was easier, maybe it wasn't. I think we need to believe it was so we don't feel so guilty about not making the time. We like to use the "too busy" excuse. We've gotten so good at it, our friends and family expect it and/or don't even ask the question requiring such a reply because they are "too busy" too. When we do get together, our conversation inevitably focuses on our latest work project or struggle. An interaction intended to be a friendly chat resembles far to closely another "meeting". When is the last time you sat down for coffee or cocktails with a friend and work didn't dominant the conversation? We spend over a 1/3 of our lives working, you would think we could enjoy a little conversation about something different.
Let's try....
Today, invite a friend for a coffee or a cocktail and conspire about something fun. No shop talk allowed! When you make the invitation, make sure your guest is aware of your good intentions. While they may think it a bit odd at first, I am confident you will both enjoy a little work-free chat. Heck, you may be surprised at how enjoyable a cocktail conspiracy can be.
Have fun.
1 comment:
Hey Tracy,
I think married couples could take the same advice. Martin and I need to sit down and have a drink and not talk about the kids, money, what is coming up on the calendar. I will take your challenge and have a drink with my man and just talk about us!
You write beautifully! Keep it up.
Love,
Denise
P.S. Kids would love your marshmellow recipe!
Post a Comment