Tuesday, December 7, 2010
TIME OUT!!!!
Who says "time outs" are only for terrible two toddlers?!? We all remember getting banished to the corner or sent to our room on some occasion. Who knew what was once an effective punishment, would someday be a sought after reprieve? The unfortunate circumstance is we most likely need a "time out" when we are least likely to allow ourselves to have one.
How do I know such things? Personal stubbornness and a little stupidity. It is very true what they say. Giving advice is allot easier then taking it. This weekend I was forced to take a little of my own medicine and a rather extended timeout. No matter how much we love our jobs and enjoy what we do, there is a limit and if you don't respect it, there are repercussions. Thankfully, I am surrounded by people far smarter then I, who can force me into a time out, even when I don't want one. The funny part is, once I give in, I am always the better for it.
So...this is your daily challenge...
No matter how crazy busy your day is today, I want you to take a time out. Yes, I am demanding you do so!!! Slip away for 15 minutes. Think about what you have done or are about to do. Breathe. Reflect. And then continue about your day.
Tb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment