Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bringing BALANCE Back?

It is hard to believe.  It has been over 15 months since the official conclusion of the original Balance Challenge.  So much has changed.  So much has stayed the same.

To be honest, I am not even sure it is acceptable to talk about "Balance" anymore.  Many would suggest it is nothing more than an urban legend; an unachievable utopia.  Seeking it is not unlike the quest for the holy grail.  And in a world of immense complexity and fierce competition, is it wise to even acknowledge you have spent a sacred moment pondering "Balance", lusting after it?   Shouldn't that time be used to get more work done?  Get ahead?  Appear eager, engaged and brilliant??  Heck.  Let's throw caution to the wind, shall we?  Let's zig while others are zagging.  If you are okay with the word "Balance", finding your definition of it and aspiring after it, so am I.

I can't commit to exactly what the future of the Balance Challenge Blog will be.  Some days it may feel reminiscent of Balance Challenge circa 2010.  Other days it may explore a completely new path.  What I can commit to is this.  There will be new entries.  Your comments and suggestions will always be welcome.  I will do my best to share relevant thoughts and ideas.

The Balance Challenge is back.  I hope you will be too.

1 comment:

Denise from Active Living Zoomers said...

Looking forward to sharing your "balance" quest.